Friday, August 7, 2009

adventures

Tomorrow marks the day in which I will start a new adventure. I'm officially moving to Baltimore. Though I don't know how long I will call Charm City my home, I'm moving. The car is packed, I have a riding buddy (one of my best friends from college, Jen), and have had the last night with my parents. We went to dinner (seafood was not such a good idea) and and movie - Julie & Julia. I guess it was fitting for the foodie that I am. It was such a blessing. I know it is weird to say that a movie about two people that I have never met was a blessing but it was. I have not laughed nor cried that much in months. I think this was mainly to do with the two main characters (I'm going to try to explain without giving away the movie...this may prove difficult). They both moved at the beginning of the movie - something I'm about the embark on. They both have friends and family that support them - people that I often take for granted. And they both want to feel like they have accomplished great in their lives - don't we all? Through adversity and commitment and challenges and pain and determination, they both overcame obstacles of worthiness (and self-doubt to do something for themselves while touching others along the way. pray that I do this as well and to not give up when it isn't in my timeline.

So, my new adventure starts tomorrow. A 10 hour drive to Nashville. Here's to many others to follow. Bon Appetite.

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited about your blog Tess! What a great way to keep up with you while you are many miles away (hopefully in cooler weather now that I left). It was great riding with you friend. I can't wait to read about your next big adventure. I love you friend.

    P.S. Have you met the chef yet?

    ReplyDelete