Monday, November 29, 2010

tomorrow

marks a big day in the current life of Tess.  Tomorrow, one year ago, I started my job in Maryland.  The job itself is not the big deal (I love my job and could not have asked for a better start to my long career).   but what had to come with the job.  I became an adult; not in the literal sense, that was 8 years ago (now 9...ouch!) but in the you-have-to-grow-up-whether-you-like-it-or-not sense.  Gone were the days of Tuesday afternoon coffee dates with friends, and long gone the days of bike riding around the vast world of my childhood neighborhood.  "So long Texas" she said, naively.  You see, up until this time I was only in Maryland temporarily.  It is easy to say that I will go somewhere for a specified time but the path I never stepped upon was the one right in front of me; the one without an end visible.  This year has been one of many insights and trials and triumphs.  Learning how to navigate my way here, both literally and figuratively.  Many great restaurants, a few good friends, and a strong, refreshing church are a few from the list of things I'm so very thankful for.  But many things still make me stop and think: where is my place?  who are my people?  [Happy] One Year.  The second will be full of surprises, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Happy one year anniversary Tess. You are so very loved and missed in Texas. I can't wait to see you over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete