Saturday, June 5, 2010

to live by

I can't believe that I'm writing a second blog entry in one day after the 10 month hiatus I have been on. Recently I have had some discussions bucket lists. I have heard all kinds of reasons for and against have them. I want you to know that I have one and I'm NOT going to share the specifics, but I was asked to share this portion with someone the other day. The first 17 items on my "bucket list" are a portion that I call "to live by". This section includes ideals that are completely feasible daily and I think will prove to be more fulfilling than any combination of bucket list items. I know you have seen some or all of them but I wanted to put them out there. Nothing too complicated; here they are:
  1. Love God; Treasure the Spirit; Follow Christ.
  2. Don't take yourself too seriously.
  3. Don't be afraid to say no (or yes).
  4. Pray about everything.
  5. Make others first; you second.
  6. Never lack a generous heart.
  7. Be grateful in all situations.
  8. Say "thank you".
  9. Apologize and Forget.
  10. Say "I love you".
  11. See the best in people.
  12. Make an impact.
  13. Never stop learning.
  14. Speak your feelings.
  15. Hurt for the lost.
  16. Do what is right not what is easy.
  17. Take chances.
Your accountability starts now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment