Sunday, May 17, 2009

stagnancy

A friend and I were talking the other day about our lives. This was what came of that conversation:

Think about a stagnant pond. It is covered in slim and algae, fish don't survive, bacteria grows wild, animals can't drink out of it, and people can't swim it it (well, at least not the smart ones). It is useless. It is gross. But, with a fresh water source, even just a trickle, the introduction of movement and turnover can revitalize a pond.

That stagnant pond has become my life. I do the same things. I have no fresh water. Things are starting to die inside of me. I'm unpleasant to be around. I WANT some fresh water. I WANT someone to throw a rock in to move an motivate me. I WANT something new. I WANT to feel like I have purpose in this life. God, I NEED You to move; please show me Your grace and fill me with fresh water that only comes from You!

No comments:

Post a Comment